CBI September 2019
Kevin McHugh, the COO of The Atlantic Club, is responsible for developing new business entities that are leaders in their respective sectors.
“What's empowered me over the years is that all of my involvements aren't separate, but, rather, are part of a unified effort, since they're all focused on helping others.”
Kevin McHugh, COO
The Atlantic Club - Manasquan, NJ
- Best Practice Management: Kevin McHugh is a Renaissance man with a single defining purpose. He's the COO of The Atlantic Club, a best-of-class, multi-facility, and multi-dimensional business; the champion of several charitable organizations; and a staunch supporter of the health and fitness industry. His driving and organizing principle: to help others.
- Virtual Assistance: Interactive conversational technology, aka “chatbots,” holds inestimable promise for clubs.
- IHRSA 2020 Countdown: We take a peek at trade show past to prepare for what the future holds at IHRSA 2020.
- Dreamin’ of Dublin: Pan-European club leaders will tap into industry magic during the IHRSA European Congress.
- Age-Spectrum Assets: A selection of innovative programs designed to please either pint-sized clients or senior members.
- The HIITs Keep Comin’: Already a perennial “top-10” trend, HIIT is now inspiring more programs and member populations.
News & Know How
- News: TPG acquires Crunch Fitness; the Nieto/Clawson team returns; Maureen Hagan is the new COO of canfitpro; “Making a Difference”; Tough Mudder introduces Bootcamps; Wisconsin Athletic hits eight; and much more.
- European News: EMS stimulates competition in Germany; JIMS Fitness takes aim at Basic Fit in Belgium; and Barry’s Bootcamp makes a stylish debut in Paris.
- First Person: Ivo Grossi, the CEO of the Americas for SportsArt, assesses “people, planet, and profit.”
- On the Move: Zagros Sports goes the extra mile; Fitness Premier rewards scholarship; Franco’s Athletic does/doesn’t set a record; Xponential goes Saudi; and more.
- ‘Iron Sharpens Iron’: Mentors of all sorts can contribute to one’s success, says Chairperson Jason Reinhardt in this month’s First Set.
- Board Profiles: We introduce Chris Stevenson and Greta Wagener, two of the new members of the IHRSA board.
- Best Practices: Stephen Tharrett, the co-founder of ClubIntel, shares an inspiring and rewarding story.
- PHIT’s Path in the 116th Congress: Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI) discusses the importance, prospects, and future of the PHIT Act in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Value Proposition: TRX: The firm's new Mbody program is designed to "support members no matter where they are on their fitness journey or what their goals are."
- It Takes Connections: An “audacious” group of allies empowers our BHAG, says Joe Moore in this month's Last Rep.