“In a market where competition is tight, where productivity and financial results have to be produced every month, the only sustainable way to do business is by engaging people.”
Flávia Brunoro, Operational Director
Competition Academia - São Paulo, Brazil
CBI July 2019
Flávia Brunoro is living her mission, which is making a difference in people’s lives. She’s committed herself—her enthusiasm, energy, and expertise—to enabling the missions and dreams of others.View Issue
- Riding High: Flávia Brunoro, the operational director of Competition Academia, a five-facility chain based in São Paulo, Brazil, is a psychologist and business administrator who describes herself as “passionate about people management.”
- The IHRSA Global 25: Strategic initiatives help the best get better in Norway, the Netherlands, and Japan.
- A 60 Million Market: Inclusive locker rooms can cater to Americans with disabilities and special needs.
- Earnings Learning: The 2019 IHRSA Health Club Compensation & Benefits Report has all the metrics.
- Such Good Training: The many virtues and benefits of small-group training continue to satisfy members.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA Institute insights; tax relief for clubs; Life Fitness and Precor change hands; UFC Gym is Russia bound; first quarter results; Brick Bodies Padonia rebounds; the Wellness Generations; and much more.
- European News: Ireland Active aligns with IHRSA, hosts 2019 European Congress; Club openings drives industry growth; and newcomer Workout Bar Social Fitness eyes international options.
- First Person: Mabel M. Miguel, Ph.D., explores “Motivation and Change” at the 2019 IHRSA Institute.
- On the Move: Gold’s Gym returns to Arizona; Sunshine Fitness grows by 13; Chicagoans can train like Bears; Anytime Fitness targets Germany; and more.
- A Mission for Our Industry: In this month’s First Set, IHRSA Board Chair Jason Reinhardt talks mission: Clubs have a mission, IHRSA has a mission. Why not an industry mission?
- Best Practices: Jarod Cogswell offers a 10-point plan to drive participation in your club’s PT program.
- Need to Do: Are you prepared for the new HIPAA regulations regarding health-related data protection? IHRSA’s Alex Black Larcom answers in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Fan the Fitness Flames: The IHRSA Institute is a completely immersive educational experience, writes Joe Moore, president and CEO of IHRSA, in this month's Last Rep.