“Les Mills workouts are licensed by 20,316 clubs in 110 countries, and each week some 140,000 accredited instructors deliver group workouts to more than 7 million people.”
Phillip Mills, Executive Director
Les Mills International, Ltd.
- Phillip Mills on Demand: What began, first, as a modest gym in a garage and, then, as a single club in Auckland, New Zealand, is now a 12-facility chain and a programming empire with a presence in 110 countries. The couple responsible are Phillip Mills, the executive director of Les Mills International, Ltd., and his wife, Dr. Jackie Mills, M.D., its chief creative officer.
- Ex-streaming 1.01: How an IHRSA associate member helped the East Bank Club to begin streaming its classes.
- App-lause! App-lause! Six accomplished industry professionals describe the business apps that they use and love.
- The Mini-Moguls: Industry vets and newcomers are churning out small chains of franchised fitness facilities.
News & Know How
- News: Fitness Business Podcast breakthrough; a 237-mph health club; a class on cannabis; gaming a mental health problem; GRIT BXNG debuts; the PHIT Coalition; Stone Creek and crawfish gumbo; and much more.
- Latin American News: Life Fitness to equip 450 Smart Fit clubs; Cia Athletica members rally on motorcycles; and Sports World introduces a Millennial brand.
- First Person: Public health expert Amy Bantham on the role and importance of the IHRSA Foundation.
- On the Move: Personal20 intros Be Sublime; Anytime Fitness hits 100 in the Philippines; Orangetheory aids Augie’s Quest; Bannatyne’s $63 million redo; and more.
- Disruption & Stability: In this month’s First Set, IHRSA is “the defining difference,” says Chairperson Jason Reinhardt.
- Board Profiles: We introduce Chris Smith and Frank Lawrence, the two newest members of the IHRSA board.
- Best Practices: Jake Gaschler, of KidCheck, Inc. sketches a game plan for introducing childcare at your club.
- Dear Fitness Industry Colleagues: IHRSA issues an open letter to the fitness industry about UFIT and serving the disabled in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Ensuring Progress: Setting and meeting goals is the key to progress, writes Joe Moore, president and CEO of IHRSA, in this month's Last Rep.