“From Day 1, our philosophy about growth has been clear and our strategy simple: Help trainers and clubs to develop their businesses, and our business will grow alongside theirs.”
Randy Hetrick, CEO
- TRX-ster Strategist: In the late ’90s, a counter-piracy deployment obliged Navy SEAL Randy Hetrick to create the first Suspension Trainer. His invention led to TRX, a multifaceted fitness business with more than 50,000 clients and $50 million in annual sales.
- San Diego Spectacular: A photo exploration of the enticing and endlessly exciting IHRSA 2019 experience.
- The Creativity Project: From "old-school" workouts to cutting-edge HIIT, we explore the newest and neatest.
- Need to Know: The state of U.S. data privacy laws is changing, and health clubs are striving to adapt.
- Assessment Evolution: Fitness testing has progressed from the basic Sargent Test to sophisticated 3D body-scanning.
News & Know How
- News: GoodLife acquires $100 million; wheelchair CrossFit; Anytime Fitness, Antartica; Davis to head up ABC; governor attack gym tax; TRT holds on to Gold's Gym; Ueber named new 24 Hour CEO; Rage Yoga; and more.
- European News: Migros expands in Germany, EasyGym enters French market, and investors are betting on London’s boutique fitness brands.
- First Person: Shaye Molendyke, of Yogafit for Warriors and Warrior Kids, cares for the traumatized.
- On the Move: EveryBodyFights at Midtown; Vivafit expands at home; Gold's a franchise winner; UFC extends brand; Anytime Fitness rebrands; plus more.
- Support Those Who Support the Industry: In this month’s First Set, IHRSA Board Chair Jim Worthington explains why it is imperative for IHRSA clubs should support IHRSA suppliers.
- Best Practices: The Newtown Athletic Club's Amanda Brown has 10 tips for connecting with kids.
- Time to Take Action: Five steps to take to avoid sales taxes on memberships and services, writes Jeff Perkins in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- A Focus on Payroll: Assess, and reassess, your club's biggest expense, counsels Joe Moore, the president and CEO of IHRSA in this month's Last Rep.