CBI June 2018
Colin Grant, the CEO of the Pure Group, which has 35 yoga and fitness facilities throughout Asia and the U.S., has never considered failure an option.
“Every day, I talk to my guys, and tell them that we have to act like a small, nimble company. Bureaucracy, red tape, and different corporate layers—I'm making sure that we avoid those things as we grow.”
Colin Grant, CEO
- Pure Entrepreneur: CBI interviews Colin Grant about the success of the Pure Group
- The Convention: IHRSA 2018 is the industry's most comprehensive and rewarding event!
- CRM 2.0: Engagement is IT!: How to capitalize on member information in theory and in practice
- The IHRSA Institute Advantage: This highly focused "leadership boot camp" helps good clubs become great ones
- Infinite Interactivity: Clubs and industry suppliers are pairing new technologies and systems to create a virtually seamless exercise experience
News & Know How
- News: Bjorn Borg mandates exercise for his employees; U.K. embraces UFC Gym; gene-based workouts might be a thing in the future; Green Series rebranded as Circle Fitness USA; Fitbit targets children; Reebok's corporate health club; eGym acquire Netpulse; and more.
- First Person: Joe Cirulli: The owner of Gainesville Health & Fitness, Joe Cirulli, has been devising and employing best practices for more than 40 years
- On the Move: Anytime Fitness hit 4,000 clubs; Merritt Clubs' rebranding wins award; The Atlantic Club is "Safest Place;" Alex Rodriguez diversifies
- 230 Million Members by 2030!: IHRSA Chairperson Derek Gallup talks about his BHAG (big, hairy, audacious goal) in this month's First Set
- Best Practices
- Kristen Walsh, the associate publisher at IHRSA, specifies training fees
- Marisa Hoff, the general manager at Stevenson Fitness in Oak Park, CA, offers advice on recruiting trainers
- Revisiting Corporate Wellness: Alexandra Black Larcom explores the possibilities inherent in corporate wellness
- Pioneering Fitness in Sweden: With IHRSA's support, Per-Anders Dagborn introduced the "modern" industry and "the ultimate club" to his native country
- Value Proposition: Listen360: This firm's mastery of the Net Promoter Score has boosted retention for Orangetheory Fitness and American Family Fitness
- IHRSA 2018: A Host of Highlights: IHRSA president and CEO shares highlights from the association’s most recent convention and trade show in this month's Last Rep