CBI February 2020
Futurist Crystal Washington will demystify apps, the web, and social media when she challenges attendees to "Imagine the Future" during IHRSA 2020.
“Where people are searching online for clubs—especially in larger cities with lots of competition—an operator who knows how to use SEO & social-media marketing tools is so far ahead of someone who’s still relying on, say, word of mouth. Understanding digital technology, and being able to employ it to attract and engage customers—that’s definitely going to give you an advantage.”
Crystal Washington, Futurist
- Crystal Clear on Tech: Crystal Washington is uniquely qualified to “Imagine the Future,” which she’ll do next month during her keynote presentation at IHRSA 2020.
- No. 6: IHRSA ’20 Countdown: Some 350 of the industry’s premier suppliers will be exhibiting at IHRSA ’20.
- Passport to Progress: IHRSA’s new TrainAway Passport Program serves clubs and members even better.
- The Marsh—Then and Now: This groundbreaking center paved the way for the current mind-body revolution.
- Seizing the Future: An assessment of the rewarding experience provided by the 2019 IHRSA Institute.
- Designing for Non-dues: Massage, recovery, juice bars, and pro shops need to look and function like retail.
News & Know How
- News: Xponential Xpands; the on-demand revolution; franchises eye new worlds; Yuspeh sells Elite Sports; a robotic trainer; Johnsons exit Gold’s; Nick Coutts to chair Motosumo; Fitness Formula goes on-demand; and more!
- Latin American News: Canadian fund invests $236 million in Smart Fit; Gympass creates a tech hub in New York City; and Spinning Center Gym grows by two in Colombia.
- First Person: Women’s Leadership Summit speaker Michelle King identifies “invisible barriers”.
- On the Move: Red Lerille a lifetime achiever; EoS funds cancer research; Gold’s Gym gets FYZICAL; Genesis hits 50; and executive shifts at In-Shape and SoulCycle.
- Must-dos at IHRSA 2020: IHRSA Chairperson Jason Reinhardt identifies his must-see “picks” of IHRSA ’20 attractions in this month’s First Set.
- Best Practices: Hannah Stael von Holstein of Discover Strength tells an instructive tale about social media.
- A Sense of Purpose: In this month's Grow, Promote, Protect, IHRSA implores you to explore the possibilities of purposeful industry leadership.
- Value Proposition: ABC Financial Services: The firm is poised to “revolutionize” revenue management for clubs.
- Value Proposition: Life Fitness: The company is charting a new direction for the future.
- It's Your Business: IHRSA board business should be your business, says IHRSA President and CEO Joe Moore in this month's Last Rep.