CBI January 2020
Business provocateur Scott Stratten will insist, during his IHRSA 2020 keynote address, that to progress you need to unlearn what you know.
“After the sale, one of the most valuable things for most businesses are the referrals. Word of mouth is amazing, but what words are our customers saying about us?”
Scott Stratten, President
UnMarketing, Inc. - Toronto
- A Concept Breakthrough: Scott Stratten, the president of UnMarketing, Inc., a most UnLikely consulting firm, is not your typical business thought-leader. His major premise: You need to UnLearn what you think you know in order to discover what you don’t yet know. His IHRSA 2020 keynote presentation on “The New Customer Experience” is sponsored by Technogym.
- No. 5: IHRSA '20 Countdown: Some 12,000 industry professionals from 80 countries are heading for IHRSA ’20.
- Women Who Inspire: These 20 women have defined the industry’s past and are now shaping its future.
- Everybody’s Doing It! … Showcasing functional-training equipment, that is, at the 2020 IHRSA trade show.
- Those Wonderful Wearables: The No. 1 fitness trend for 2020 is the use of wearable fitness-tracking devices.
News & Know How
- News: Doug’s (unforgettable) Gym; corporate opportunities; fitness “whispering”; Google acquires Fitbit; a mental health epidemic; Ys upgrade their game; ACTIVE Cat activates kids; In Memoriam, Gerry Faust; and more.
- First Person: Wattbike set out to make “the smartest bike in the world,” CEO Richard Baker explains.
- On the Move: Vets honor Mark Cuatt; Vivafit hits five in India; NAC opens Discovery Preschool; HealthQuest water workouts; SoCal keeps going; and more.
- Families First: A near-tragedy reminds IHRSA Chairperson Jason Reinhardt of the importance of work/life balance, he reports in this month’s First Set.
- Best Practices: Jon Butts, of Muscle Up Marketing, describes a three-step strategy to attract new prospects
- An Incalculable Cost: In this month's Grow, Promote, Protect, IHRSA's Kaitlynn Anderson Fernandez highlights how you’re the most important member of the club industry’s defense team?
- Value Proposition: OurPeople: The unique employee-communications platform keeps everyone in the loop.
- Strategize for 2020: The 2019 IHRSA Profiles of Success answers all questions, suggests IHRSA President and CEO Joe Moore in this month's Last Rep.