CBI December 2019
Author, Paralympic athlete, and IHRSA 2020 keynote speaker Josh Sundquist says that success requires doing "one more thing, one more time."
“I want the audience to walk away having discovered ... that 'one more thing' that will help them reach their goals, both with respect to managing their club and in their personal life.”
Josh Sundquist, author, comedian, & Paralympian
- Up to Any Challenge: Though he lost a leg to cancer as a child, Josh Sundquist admits to no handicap. He’s prevailed on numerous fronts—as an author, motivational speaker, comedian, and Paralympic skier and soccer player. His prescription for success: simply doing “One More Thing, One More Time,” the title of his IHRSA 2020 keynote address, sponsored by Myzone.
- No. 4: IHRSA '20 Countdown: The IHRSA convention and trade show creates leaders: We spotted 20 of them.
- Business Model Makeover: Battered by budget brands? Should you consider embracing the HV/LP approach?
- Virtual Content Is King! On-demand exercise programming is the industry's newest disruptive technology.
- "Now Showing!" Cardio Picks: Manufacturers explore a world of possibilities on their cardio equipment screens.
News & Know How
- News: Newtown goes boutique-ing; Midtown is exempted; C-suite shifts at three major club companies; TRX endorses "Anytime, Anywhere"; IHRSA/Fitness Brasil review; European Leadership Award conferred; plus more.
- Latin American News: Business models are evolving in Mexico; HCOA Fitness celebrates its 22nd anniversary; and Gold's Gym Plans to dominate in Colombia.
- First Person: TRUE Fitness President Frank Trulaske on his quest for superior products and service.
- On the Move: Kay Yuspeh honored; new HQ for World Gym; Orangetheory hits 100 in Canada; AKT arrives in Colorado; F45 partners with Everyone Active.
- 2019 IHRSA Congress: The European Congress was electric and edifying, reports chairperson Jason Reinhardt in this month’s First Set.
- Best Practices: Stephen Tharrett, of Club Intel, offers sage advice on how to compete with low-cost gyms.
- Santa Is Watching: IHRSA posts its 2019 list of "naughty" and "nice" state legislatures, reports IHRSA’s Jeffrey Perkins in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Value Proposition: Gympass: The B2B platform represents a win-win-win for companies, employees, and clubs.
- Thou Shalt ... : Success Commandment No. 1 is: "Know thy customer," says President and CEO Joe Moore in this month's Last Rep.