CBI April 2020
CEO Kent Orrgren has transformed World Class Romania into the largest club company in Europe’s fastest-growing health and fitness market.
“We’re always analyzing our results and reviewing our plans in order to remain agile and improve our performance. At the same time, it’s equally important to emphasize and scale up the actions that are working.”
Kent Orrgren, CEO
World Class Romania
- Emerging Markets Master: In just 20 years, World Class Romania has grown into that country’s leading premium health club chain, with 40 facilities and 57,000 members. Credit a clear vision, a sound business model, a Polish private equity firm, a management buyout, and CEO Kent Orrgren.
- The Mission: 230 Million: A preview of IHRSA’s battle plan to hit 230 million members worldwide by 2030.
- Social Media 3.0: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube … and what they can do for your club.
- Locker Room Lock Down: Each year, thieves steal millions from club locker rooms. Don’t let it happen in yours!
- Virtual Fitness’ Real Value: Virtual offerings address staffing, programming, scheduling, and engagement needs.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA Institute inspiration; Equinox finds funds; one “ripped” 91-year-old; Sister Fit serves Muslim women; deal-making in Lithuania; Johnson Health Tech acquires Fuji; Cincinnati Sports marks 30th; a coronavirus update from China; and much more.
- Latin American News: Action Fitness opens 24 new locations in Colombia; 9Round plans to go eight more in Mexico; and Formula responds to market: Rebrands as Bodytech.
- First Person: Wellness Solutions’ Tony de Leede describes a world “Where Wellness Meets Fitness."
- On the Move: A great year for 9Round; World Gym opens Athletics; Gold’s Gym sets record, again; Planet Fitness hits 2,000; plus more.
- Uncertain Future: Our children are “facing an uncertain future,” warns IHRSA Chairperson Jason Reinhardt in this month's First Set.
- Best Practices: Kathy Arena of the Waverley Oaks Athletic Club writes about strengthening staff-member rapport.
- Small Changes, Big Impact: More than 1.5 billion people live with disabilities, and “inclusive” clubs can help them, writes IHRSA's Alexandra Black Larcom in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Value Proposition: Club OS: Its goals, products, services, and acquisitions have made Club OS a dynamic success.
- Value Proposition: UpSwell: Its programming and analytics smarts allow UpSwell to produce more members for clubs.
- A Revealing Slice-of-Time Study: Take a break from all the disruptive news, suggests Joe Moore, the president and CEO of IHRSA, in this month's Last Rep.