CBI September 2023
How the CEO of VivaGym Group grew one of Spain's leading brands.
“Is there clear evidence that the cost of healthcare is dramatically reduced for those who exercise? We intuitively know that's the case, but we need to make sure we can produce the data.”
Juan Del Rio Nieto, CEO
VivaGym Group - Spain
A World of Opportunity: As Winston Churchill reminds us, we need to keep going, fight against the odds by relying on the quality that best exemplifies the men and women of the global health and fitness industry: resilience.
- Forging Ahead Here and Abroad: This month, we spent time building support for the PHIT Act and strengthening our international alliances.
- VivaGym Group's Strategic Architect: Juan Del Rio Nieto, CEO of VivaGym Group, has built one of the largest chains in Europe by delivering a premium experience at budget prices. Since taking control of the Spain-based company, he's scaled the brand from 15 gyms to 106 locations. A featured speaker at IHRSA's European Congress, Juan gives his take on the state of the health and fitness industry and where he sees trends moving.
- Child's Play: The Importance of Youth Fitness: A look at how health clubs are helping young people develop healthy habits for a lifetime.
- Four Ways to Maximize Your Digital Sales Strategy: Experts share their advice on how to nurture prospects and turn leads into sales.
- Why HIIT Studios Are Red Hot: A look at what's behind the explosion of HIIT studios in the global marketplace.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA Fitness Brasil celebrates its 24th anniversary in a celebratory Convention & Trade Show; a winner of the 2023 Congressional Physical Activity Challenge is crowned; a visit to Italy's wellness paradise; the FitLife Summer Conference is a hit; and other news.
- International News: EuropeActive will hold its first-ever Exercise for Health Summit (EfHS) to discuss the impact of physical activity on individual and public health.
- Influencer: Adam Moats, Club Automation group product manager, on using tech to create a winning member experience.
- Research Roundup: The Global Wellness Summit releases The Future of Wellness 2023 Trends: Mid-Year Update, and finds some interesting developments.
- Formula for Success: Americaneagle.com explains how to dominate your local market.
- Making a Difference: How Technogym powers its "Let's Move for a Better World" social campaign.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from top suppliers in the business.
- Leadership: IHRSA Board Chair Chris Craytor discusses the global impact of IHRSA's initiatives.
- Best Practices: How to design better functional training spaces.
- Advocacy: Here's why IHRSA advocacy is global
- IHRSA Team Spotlight: Meet another member of the talented IHRSA team: Luke Ablondi, Trade Show director.