CBI May 2023
Power couple Mark and Maria Miller have created a home away from home with Merritt Clubs.
“We are very intentional in our culture and how we do things. Our purpose statement is to be the best part of our members' day, every day.”
Mark Miller, COO
IHRSA Gets Results: IHRSA leaders have created a number of new initiatives while continuing to work on promoting and protecting the industry around the world. If there's a whirlwind, it's at our backs.
- Reaping a Whirlwind: After a historic two months, a more powerful global movement is emerging.
- A Home Away From Home: Power couple Mark Miller, COO of Merritt Clubs, and Maria Miller, regional manager of Merritt Clubs, put family first, and so do the clubs they operate. With nine locations in the Baltimore area, Merritt Clubs have become community centers. Mark and Maria met while working together at Merritt, and they've stayed committed to a family-first philosophy even as the Merritt brand has grown.
- Beyond the Basics: HVLP 2.0: The high-volume, low-price model continues to evolve as operators introduce new services in a tiered price point.
- Why Mental Wellness Matters: The Mental Health Fireside Chat at IHRSA 2023 demonstrates how the fitness industry can play a key role in addressing mental wellness.
- IHRSA 2023: Redemption, Remembrance, Rave Reviews: Here's what went down at one of the most important—and successful—IHRSA Conventions in history.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA's government affairs team joins with Maryland club owners to stop a harmful liability bill in the State legislature; the PHIT Act continues to gain momentum in both houses of Congress; IHRSA fights "Click-to-Cancel" FTC rule changes; multiple events celebrate May as National Physical Fitness and Sports Month; and other news.
- Breaking News: Bill Austin, industry pioneer and an IHRSA founding member, passes away at age 80.
- International News: FIBO returns to form, and the WHO seeks alliances with private sector industries to promote physical activity.
- Influencer: Nerio Alessandri, founder and CEO of Technogym, explains the next evolution of fitness technology ecosystems.
- Formula for Success: SportsArt makes the case for carbon negativity and enduring sustainability.
- Industry Partner Perspectives: Issues that mattered on the IHRSA 2023 Trade Show floor.
- Making a Difference: Motion Project Foundation improves the lives of those with neurological disorders.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from top suppliers.
- Leadership: IHRSA Board Chair Chris Craytor on the importance of teamwork and mutual support.
- Best Practices: Here are 11 ways to improve member retention in today's marketplace.
- Advocacy: The inside scoop on how IHRSA led a successful fight against Maryland bills that would have eliminated liability waivers.
- IHRSA Membership: Jennie Brooks, founder and owner of Longevity Club, wants to help people through every stage of their lives.