CBI June 2022
Liz Bohannon, author, activist, podcaster, and entrepreneur, has found opportunities in unlikely places, including Uganda. Here’s how she learned to accept her limitations, embrace challenges, and create an entrepreneurial vision that includes collaboration and “conscious consumerism.” A keynote speaker at IHRSA 2022, Bohannon speaks to a new movement that seeks to strengthen the ties that bind the global community.
“What are the ways in which we’re celebrating the wild amount of courage and boldness that it takes to show up as a beginner and to start your journey? Part of belonging is knowing that you’re celebrated.”
Liz Bohannon, Founder
- Here Comes the Sun: As IHRSA welcomes thousands to Miami Beach for the Annual International Convention & Trade Show this month, the feeling of renewal and rebirth will be top of mind. Under the leadership of President and CEO Liz Clark, IHRSA is in the process of significant transformation in both structure and mission. So let’s welcome the blazing south Florida sun as a sign of a new beginning, a new dawn. We have much to celebrate and work to do before the mission is completed.
- CEO's Column: We are in the midst of profound organizational change, and at IHRSA 2022, we will continue to build momentum.
- Creating a Growth Mindset: Liz Bohannon, author, activist, podcaster, and entrepreneur, has found opportunities in unlikely places, including Uganda. Here’s how she learned to accept her limitations, embrace challenges, and create an entrepreneurial vision that includes collaboration and “conscious consumerism.” A keynote speaker at IHRSA 2022, Bohannon speaks to a new movement that seeks to strengthen the ties that bind the global community.
- Five Fearless Predictions for the Future of Fitness: We asked a group of experts for insights into emerging trends as the industry moves forward in a world forever altered by the pandemic.
- How to Attract and Retain the “Missing” 80%: Michelle Segar, Ph.D., MPH, MS, IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council member, draws on her research and experience to create new ways to incentivize the 80% of people who don’t exercise.
- Making Mental Wellness a Core Service: With mental health problems on the rise, the health club industry can help address this growing crisis.
- IHRSA 2022 Show Exhibitors
News & Know How
- News: Here’s how to stream major events at IHRSA 2022 in case you can’t make it to Miami Beach. Also, learn why Congress is getting fit, and what’s driving the surge in health club attendance. Plus, the details behind the recognition IHRSA received from the World Health Organization.
- Influencer: Wil Younger, marketing manager of Regupol, explains why sustainability is a winning business practice.
- Research Roundup: Adrian Xu, director of Deloitte, gives us the highlights of a major new report about the economic impact of the global industry.
- REX Roundtables: Brent Darden explains how to attract and retain your valued team members.
- New Product Launch: Here’s a sneak peek at some of the great products that will be featured on the IHRSA 2022 Trade Show floor.
- Making a Difference: Celebrating boutiques, British Swim School makes swimming safer.
- Behind the Scenes: Four global suppliers give us the inside story on their newest innovations.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from the top suppliers.
- IHRSA Membership: Kay Aplin, founder and owner of Family Fitness, has created a tight-knit community center in southeastern Texas.
- Best Practices: Eric Schmitz, president of California Athletic Clubs, explains how to attract and keep talented staff.
- Advocacy: How IHRSA Premium membership helps create a stronger advocacy engine for the association.
- Travels with Liz: Liz Clark journeys to the Boutique Fitness Summit in New York City.