CBI January/February 2022
The revival is here! The 2021 IHRSA Convention & Trade Show in Dallas last October was an inspiring relaunch of the industry. We look at some of the highlights, including the welcoming of new CEO Liz Clark, an inspiring address from the legendary Dr. Kenneth Cooper, the first-ever Jim Worthington IHRSA Advocacy Award, and other memorable moments from the 40th-anniversary celebration.
“If it wasn’t for me joining IHRSA, my club would never have had the success it has had.”
Newtown Athletic Club - Newtown, PA
- Forget the New Normal—We're Building a Better Normal: After two years of stops and starts, tragedies and triumphs, and everything in between, we still began the year with a new variant, a new threat. So, is this the new normal? How about no?! It’s time to ditch that phrase. We don’t want a new normal or a next normal, we want a better normal, and, at IHRSA, we’re determined to help the industry make it happen.
- Celebrating the Revival: The 2021 IHRSA Show Report: The 2021 IHRSA Convention & Trade Show in Dallas last October was an inspiring relaunch of the industry. We look at some of the highlights, including the welcoming of new CEO Liz Clark, an inspiring address from the legendary Dr. Kenneth Cooper, the first-ever Jim Worthington IHRSA Advocacy Award, and other memorable moments from the 40th-anniversary celebration.
- Straight Talk: “Female Entrepreneurs: Motivation to Conquer” at IHRSA 2021 featured three inspiring leaders who shared their candid advice on what it takes for women to triumph in the industry.
- Five Rules to Keep Health Clubs Clean and Safe: Consumers still have safety concerns. It’s time to update your best practices for cleanliness.
- How Clubs Are Breaking the Freeze: Here’s advice from financial and customer service experts on how to revive frozen accounts and drive up your membership numbers.
News & Know How
- News: The industry stands strong against the omicron threat; Liz Clark meets with influential lawmakers; data proves health clubs maintain strong safety records; and other news.
- Remembering Chuck Leve: The influential industry professional helped build IHRSA and was the driving force behind the IHRSA trade show.
- IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council: Lori Deemer, MD, describes how medical fitness can transform a community.
- Research Roundup: The Global Wellness Institute reports on the enormous growth of the wellness market around the world.
- REX Roundtables: Eddie Tock on the lessons we’ve learned in the last two years.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from the top suppliers in the business.
- IHRSA Memberships: Matt Remick of the Rochester Athletic Club reveals why he chose to upgrade to an IHRSA premium membership.
- Best Practices: It’s time you monetized your customer data. Robert Jackson, founder and CEO of Forma Gym, tells you how.
- Advocacy: Two top entrepreneurs explain how they became better activists for the industry.
- Call to Action: A blizzard of legislative action continues to come out of state capitals. Take a look.