CBI May 2022
Daymond John became famous on the reality show Shark Tank, but his influence goes far beyond his star turn on the ABC show. In this exclusive interview, John explains some of his investment philosophy and gives advice to budding entrepreneurs who are looking to break out from the crowd. John will be a keynote speaker at IHRSA 2022 in Miami Beach.
“Optimism is a key part of entrepreneurial thinking. Not only is the marketplace constantly changing, you have the ability to tinker your way into driving that change.”
Daymond John, Founder and CEO
- Bringing the World Together: A sense of purpose and optimism have long been among the benefits of being in the fitness industry, though sometimes unity was lacking. That all changed during the pandemic. Historic alliances were created and continue to draw strength. We are truly stronger together. Let’s hope our shared mission can help make the world a better place.
- CEO's Column: Empowering the global movement. Our international alliances are essential to IHRSA’s mission.
- Put Some Bite into Your Business Strategy: Daymond John became famous on the reality show Shark Tank, but his influence goes far beyond his star turn on the ABC show. In this exclusive interview, John explains some of his investment philosophy and gives advice to budding entrepreneurs who are looking to break out from the crowd. John will be a keynote speaker at IHRSA 2022 in Miami Beach.
- Top 10 Reasons to Attend IHRSA 2022!: Check out some of the highlights to look forward to in Miami Beach, June 22–24.
- Power to the People: Weight training was sorely missed by consumers during shutdowns. Here’s how clubs can best serve the pent-up demand for resistance training.
- Adjusting to the New Financial Landscape: The world has changed, and so has the way you manage your bottom line. We spoke with experts who shared what should be your priorities in limiting costs and growing revenue.
News & Know How
- News: The industry comes together to help our partners in Ukraine; Project 435 picks up steam; IHRSA continues to push Congress for relief; and much more news.
- Influencer: Betsy Webb, vice president of Precor and Peloton Commercial, reveals how the two brands are creating a stronger presence.
- IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council: Lee Johnson, MD, tells us why exercise is essential for mental wellness.
- Research Roundup: A powerful new Deloitte report on the economic benefits of exercise is set to be released.
- REX Roundtables: Mark Miller, COO of Merritt Clubs, explains the value of getting back to basics
- New Product Launch: Here’s a sneak peek at what to expect on the IHRSA 2022 trade show floor.
- Formula for Success: Hapana’s new GROW CRM.
- Formula for Success: SportsArt adds to its sustainable cardio line.
- Making a Difference: British Swim School makes swimming safer.
- Behind the Scenes: Three global suppliers share their newest innovations in their value proposition.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from the top suppliers.
- IHRSA Membership: The Corpus Christi Club’s Lisa Gorsline shares her gratitude for IHRSA’s service.
- Best Practices: Financial expert Larry Conner gives you a to-do list to get your accounting in shape.
- Advocacy: The Global Health & Fitness Alliance is broadening IHRSA’s global vision.
- Travels with Liz: IHRSA’s CEO appears at FIBO in Germany