CBI July 2018
The CEO of Gold's Gym was given the task of evolving the world's most venerable brand while protecting its unique legacy.
“Our focus is on being the best, and, if we accomplish that, then staying the biggest will follow. Our current strategic plan is for us to have over 1,000 gyms around the world, serving more than 5 million members in over 40 countries.”
Brandon Bean, CEO
Gold's Gym - Dallas, TX
- Evolution Architect: CBI interviews Brandon Bean about his plans for the future of Gold's Gym
- The IHRSA Global 25: Explosive growth can make or kill your company—unless you prepare for it, as there three successful franchisors have
- Locker Room Business: If well conceived, these spaces can enhance member satisfaction and clearly differentiate your brand
- Asia-Pacific Ambitions: The IHRSA Asia-Pacific Health Club Report, Second Edition, analyzes a robust market
- TwerXout and BOGAFIT? With a dozen innovative exercise options, where is fitness programming going?
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA members top franchisors; Jim Worthington nominated to PCFSN; NIH launches study of exercise; legislators take Fitness Challenge
- First Person: Sridhar Balasubramanian: The IHRSA Institute keynote speaker shares a preview of "Creating and Executing Great Customer Experiences"
- On the Move: StepUp to 24 Hour Fitness' behavior-change program; "Let's Move" breaks all records; Brick Bodies opens sixth facility; plus other club news
- My Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal: IHRSA's incoming Board Chairperson Jim Worthington shares his BHAG in this month's First Set
- Best Practices
- Melissa Rodriguez, IHRSA's senior research mananger, on instructor wages;
- Meredith DePersia, VP of human resources at Active Wellness, shares her take on employee discipline
- Safety in a Digital World: Matt O'Malley provides sage advice on protecting member data in a digital world
- Value Proposition: Epsilon Local: This marketing agency relies on data—lots of it—to create campaigns that drive revenues and retention for clubs
- Value Proposition: Regupol America: This company's flooring products maximize appearance and minimize noise
- Here to Help: The association has come to the aid of Brazilian clubs in their time of need, reports IHRSA President and CEO Joe Moore in this month's Last Rep