CBI January/February 2023
IHRSA 2023 keynote speaker, Cassandra Worthy, on building a growth mindset by embracing change.
“Our research has found that 78% of Americans feel more engaged and motivated to adapt to change when they feel safe and comfortable sharing their truest emotions.”
Cassandra Worthy, Founder & CEO
Change Enthusiasm Global
IHRSA 2023 Will Redefine the Industry: Unity, inclusion, and activism will all play starring roles at this year's International Convention & Trade Show. Attendees will have a voice in the renewed and reinvigorated industry mission to bring fitness and wellness to a world that needs it more than ever.
- CEO's Column: The great potential of our industry will be on full display at IHRSA 2023. We have several ambitious initiatives geared toward establishing our industry as essential to global health and wellness.
- The Power of "Change Enthusiasm": IHRSA 2023 keynote speaker, Cassandra Worthy, shares the techniques and philosophy she developed while guiding some of the world's largest companies through intense challenges. Cassandra, a former Division 1 athlete, earned a degree in chemical engineering, but it took a career-threatening disruption to teach her how to master the subtle chemistry of human emotion to overcome crises.
- Top 15 Reasons to Attend IHRSA 2023: There are many more than 15, but here's a great place to start.
- Stop the churn!: How to use CRM and other tools to keep your members engaged for the long haul.
- Is your facility community-safe?: Make sure you use these best practices for club safety as you welcome families into your facility.
- Remembering Industry Legend Alan G. Schwartz: Celebrating an icon who helped invent the industry.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA to host a historic CEO Fireside Chat in San Diego; IHRSA welcomes new members to its Board; how signing the CEO Pledge for Physical Activity can make a difference; IHRSA clubs make news in their communities; and much more.
- Influencer: Ben Midgley, CEO and co-founder of Crunch Franchising, provides a crash course on making the most of franchise opportunities.
- Research Roundup: The 2022 IHRSA Health Club Consumer Report is stuffed with tantalizing data that will help you navigate your sales and marketing strategy through the year.
- REX Roundtables: Eddie Tock, CEO of REX Roundtables, thanks those who ushered the industry through its toughest era.
- Formula for Success: British Swim School teams up with fitness centers to create safe environments for swimmers of all ages.
- Industry Partner Perspectives: Our group of experts weigh in on retention.
- Making a Difference: Les Mills helps build stronger communities inside and outside of your facility.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from top suppliers.
- Leadership: IHRSA Board Chair Chris Craytor tells us why IHRSA 2023 is a must-attend event.
- Best Practices: How to get a digital advantage in today's competitive marketplace.
- Advocacy: What to expect in IHRSA's advocacy initiatives in 2023.
- Member Profile: Suaad Ghadban, director of operations for Gym St-Henri, explains how IHRSA has helped boost her club and the greater industry.