As fitness centers prepare to reopen for members, there are extra precautions that should be implemented in this new normal. SportsArt, the leader in manufacturing and installing sustainable fitness equipment, prepared a checklist to provide actionable suggestions for facilities to follow, along with traditional gym etiquette. While it’s up to members whether they return to the gym, fitness centers have the responsibility to ensure cleanliness and safety of guests. Below are several recommendations:
- Set up a temperature check station for members, staff should be trained to identify symptoms of illness
- Limit the number of people in gym or studio classes
- Provide personal protective gear like face masks/gloves
- Space cardio equipment minimum of 6 feet apart
- Prepare a cleaning plan; assign staff member to clean equipment ideally after each use
- Use non-abrasive cleaners for equipment to avoid corrosion
View the full checklist here – SportsArt encourages fitness centers to implement these guidelines to ensure safety of members. In addition to these suggestions, gyms should also review their state and local guidelines.
SportsArt is the leader in sustainable gym equipment that is revolutionizing the way people stay fit with its ECO-POWR line. With more than 38 years of innovative design and manufacturing experience, SportsArt consistently seeks to advance industry standards, positioning itself as one of the most creative manufactures in quality fitness, medical and residential equipment. SportsArt is one of the largest single brand manufacturers in the world and is sold in over 70 countries worldwide. With over 500,000 square feet of state-of-the art manufacturing space; SportsArt designs, manufactures and tests all equipment to rigorous TÜV quality standards.