IHRSA -- the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association -- is the trade association serving the global health club and fitness industry. The mission of IHRSA is to grow, protect and promote the health and fitness industry, and to provide its members with benefits that will help them be more successful.
IHRSA and its members (health clubs and fitness facilities, gyms, spas, sports clubs, and industry suppliers) are dedicated to making the world healthier through regular exercise and activity promotion.
- Club Members: Over 10,000 in 75 countries (September 2014)
- Associate Members: Over 600 Industry Suppliers
- Governance and Leadership: We are guided by a Board of Directors elected from, and by, the membership. Information on IHRSA's Executive Staff.
- Affiliations: IHRSA has affiliations with dozens of relevant government agencies and organizations such as the American Cancer Society, the First Lady's Let's Move! campaign, and the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, multiple related international organizations, and several U.S. regional associations.
The fitness industry is poised to step up as a solution to the growing public health crisis of obesity and inactivity. IHRSA represents and supports this goal through outreach, education and programs which help promote healthy, active lifestyles, such as the Health Benefits of Exercise Report, Get Active! magazine, Healthclubs.com, #WhyGetActive, and MoveIt Monday!.
IHRSA is the primary defender and promoter of the health club industry in Washington, DC, in state capitals across the country, and on a global level. IHRSA's Advocacy efforts seek to prevent the government from doing things that are harmful to health clubs, and to strengthen initiatives that will help grow the number of people exercising in health clubs.
IHRSA's events provide a vast array of speakers on business and corporate culture, instructional sessions on all aspects of succeeding in the health club industry, social events to mix and mingle with peers, and the most spectacular trade shows in the industry. IHRSA Members are invited to enjoy each of these events at special, discounted registration rates.
IHRSA hosts the industry's most important events including:
- International Convention & Trade Show
- The IHRSA Institute
- IHRSA / Fitness Brasil Conference & Trade Show
- European Congress
- Monthly Webinars
Through annual surveys, IHRSA collects and reports key operational data on all aspects of the health club industry from consumer attitudes to industry trends. IHRSA's magazines, publications and online resources address all the needs of running a successful fitness business. If you are looking for industry benchmarks, best practices or trends, then IHRSA's research, magazines and information resources have you covered. Visit IHRSA Research, the IHRSA Store and the IHRSA Resource Center. Media are invited to visit the IHRSA Newsroom.
IHRSA employs 51 staff. Our top-notch executive team and staff are mostly based in our global headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. IHRSA offers a business-casual environment, and a generous full-time benefits package. We invite you to learn more and view our current openings.