Gaining new members is often the top priority for health clubs, as it should be—growth is critical for any successful business. However, having a narrow focus on recruitment tends to distract from keeping those hard-earned new members happy and engaged.
And when members don’t feel taken care of, a disconnect between brand expectations and brand experience forms, and, ultimately, retention suffers.
This toolkit is designed to help you create a strategy to keep members active and engaged in your club from the day they join and for years to come. It includes:
- Five reasons health club members quit (and how to make them stay)
- Proven member onboarding strategies
- The role staff plays in member retention
- How fitness technology enhances member engagement
- A member retention tune-up checklist