The Definitive Health Club Member Retention Toolkit
Everything you need to know about engaging and retaining members at your club.
Gaining new members is often the top priority for health clubs, as it should be—growth is critical for any successful business. However, having a narrow focus on recruitment tends to distract from keeping those hard-earned new members happy and engaged.
And when members don’t feel taken care of, a disconnect between brand expectations and brand experience forms, and, ultimately, retention suffers.
This toolkit is designed to help you create a strategy to keep members active and engaged in your club from the day they join and for years to come. It includes:
- Five reasons health club members quit (and how to make them stay)
- Proven member onboarding strategies
- The role staff plays in member retention
- How fitness technology enhances member engagement
- A member retention tune-up checklist
“Results show that any type of interaction with a member at risk of canceling can reduce the likelihood of dropping out by nearly 10%.”
Kristen Walsh, Associate Publisher
IHRSA - Boston