IHRSA International Report: Size & Scope of Key Health Club Markets
This 2011 report focuses on the health club industry in the Asia-Pacific region, with a snapshot of mature markets in Europe. This product is a PDF download. (Sponsored by Life Fitness)
This report, which is sponsored by Life Fitness, focuses on the health club industry in the Asia-Pacific region, with a snapshot of mature markets in Europe. It serves as an indispensable resource for owners, investors, and lenders. Detailed market reports will help this group better understand the challenges facing the industry in developing markets and how a club company can be positioned for success in spite of economic pressures.
“Based on the past three recessions, the health club industry appears to be recession-resilient.”
- Fitness Macroeconomic Overview – this section provides an analysis of the impact economic indicators and public policy initiatives have on the health club industry;
- Prevalent Club Operating Models – a review of common ownership & club types within the industry along with operational benchmarks and membership pricing models;
- Competition – this section summarizes some of the distinguishing factors of leading club companies;
- Health & Fitness Club Market Charts – a quick overview of top-line numbers for select international markets;
- Market Reports – this section provides an in-depth analysis of Asia-Pacific markets and a snapshot of mature European markets. Asia-Pacific markets covered include: Australia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. Europe markets covered include: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, U.K., Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland.