Creating a Strategy to Compete in a Hyper-competitive Market
Execute your strategy with competition in mind. This IHRSA Online Learning class is available to you on-demand with in-depth content. Sponsored by Merrithew.
Sponsored by Merrithew
Presented by Luke Carlson, CEO, Discover Strength
Health club operators are brilliant at execution. However, with the advent of competition, execution by itself is not enough. We must focus on developing a strategy that allows us to compete successfully. This presentation will walk participants through the process for building a strategy that drives long-term profitable growth.
- Learn the fundamental difference between strategy and execution and discuss the historical absence of strategy in the health club industry
- Learn the specific questions to ask to identify and create a strategic plan for their club/organization
- Learn how strategy integrates seamlessly with the marketing function
- Discover the traditional strategic pitfalls that health club operators suffer
- Gain a strong academic understanding of strategy and more importantly, understand exactly how to go to work on your club/organization
Luke Carlson is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Discover Strength's five personal training studios are among the highest volume and revenue training facilities in North America. Luke is an ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist and has a BS and MS in Kinesiology from the University of Minnesota and graduated from the Executive Leadership, Strategy and Innovation program at Stanford University.