CBI September 2021
The “Father of Aerobics” recently turned 90, but his mission of preaching the “exercise is medicine” lifestyle has never relented over the years. Scheduled to be a keynote speaker at IHRSA 2021 in Dallas, Dr. Cooper updates us on how he’s feeling (great!) and how his famed Cooper Aerobics Center is faring through the pandemic.
“I’ve been a strong proponent of IHRSA and the work that they do, and I’ve tried to promote them over the last 40 years.”
Kenneth H. Cooper, MD, MPH - Founder
Cooper Aerobics Center
- Leadership Matters: The ability to combine vision and problem-solving is the mark of a true leader. Charting a path to the future, uniting people to work for a common goal, is difficult in the best of times. During the recent pandemic, it tested the resolve of leaders in disparate industries around the world. I thought about that as I contemplated the legacy of our cover subject, Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper. Though he encountered tremendous resistance from establishment health authorities, Cooper persisted. Like all successful leaders, he followed the evidence, but he also followed his gut.
- Dr. Kenneth Cooper: Still Going Strong at 90: The “Father of Aerobics” recently turned 90, but his mission of preaching the “exercise is medicine” lifestyle has never relented over the years. Scheduled to be a keynote speaker at IHRSA 2021 in Dallas, Dr. Cooper updates us on how he’s feeling (great!) and how his famed Cooper Aerobics Center is faring through the pandemic.
- Reunited (and It Feels So Good): What the industry is saying about the highly anticipated 2021 IHRSA Convention & Trade Show in Dallas in October.
- Why Your CRM Is More Important Than Ever: With so much at stake with membership management and engagement, you need a powerful CRM with up-to-date tech tools. Here’s how to choose the right system.
- Winning at Wellness: Here are the perfect accessories to keep your group X classes fresh and fun.
News & Know How
- News: All about the new tools to help pass the GYMS Act; the California Fitness Alliance scores a big win; and the SMART Summit books top speakers for November.
- International News: The Catic Wellness Group celebrates a big anniversary, and ANIF joins with government forces to promote fitness in Italy.
- IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council: Jason R. Beck, MD, tells you how to create your own healthy Blue Zone.
- Call to Action: A roundup of state legislation that may affect your business.
- Influencer: Aaron Verasammy, national sales director at ABC Fitness Solutions, on shifting priorities.
- Research Roundup: A Credit Suisse analyst discusses important research on the wellness sector.
- REX Roundtables: Frank J. Ancharski, CEO of Promotion Vault, tells us how to keep it positive.
- Supplier Content Plus: What you need to know to optimize your training spaces.
- Formula for Success: Merrithew has developed next-level wellness tech services.
- Formula for Success: TRUE Fitness brings an innovative slats treadmill to market.
- Industry Partner News: The latest from the top suppliers.