“What's empowered me over the years is that all of my involvements aren't separate, but, rather, are part of a unified effort, since they're all focused on helping others.”
Kevin McHugh, COO
The Atlantic Club - Manasquan, NJ
- Best Practice Management: Kevin McHugh is a Renaissance man with a single defining purpose. He's the COO of The Atlantic Club, a best-of-class, multi-facility, and multi-dimensional business; the champion of several charitable organizations; and a staunch supporter of the health and fitness industry. His driving and organizing principle: to help others.
- Virtual Assistance: Interactive conversational technology, aka “chatbots,” holds inestimable promise for clubs.
- IHRSA 2020 Countdown: We take a peek at trade show past to prepare for what the future holds at IHRSA 2020.
- Dreamin’ of Dublin: Pan-European club leaders will tap into industry magic during the IHRSA European Congress.
- Age-Spectrum Assets: A selection of innovative programs designed to please either pint-sized clients or senior members.
- The HIITs Keep Comin’: Already a perennial “top-10” trend, HIIT is now inspiring more programs and member populations.
News & Know How
- News: TPG acquires Crunch Fitness; the Nieto/Clawson team returns; Maureen Hagan is the new COO of canfitpro; “Making a Difference”; Tough Mudder introduces Bootcamps; Wisconsin Athletic hits eight; and much more.
- European News: EMS stimulates competition in Germany; JIMS Fitness takes aim at Basic Fit in Belgium; and Barry’s Bootcamp makes a stylish debut in Paris.
- First Person: Ivo Grossi, the CEO of the Americas for SportsArt, assesses “people, planet, and profit.”
- On the Move: Zagros Sports goes the extra mile; Fitness Premier rewards scholarship; Franco’s Athletic does/doesn’t set a record; Xponential goes Saudi; and more.
- ‘Iron Sharpens Iron’: Mentors of all sorts can contribute to one’s success, says Chairperson Jason Reinhardt in this month’s First Set.
- Board Profiles: We introduce Chris Stevenson and Greta Wagener, two of the new members of the IHRSA board.
- Best Practices: Stephen Tharrett, the co-founder of ClubIntel, shares an inspiring and rewarding story.
- PHIT’s Path in the 116th Congress: Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI) discusses the importance, prospects, and future of the PHIT Act in this month's Grow, Promote, Protect.
- Value Proposition: TRX: The firm's new Mbody program is designed to "support members no matter where they are on their fitness journey or what their goals are."
- It Takes Connections: An “audacious” group of allies empowers our BHAG, says Joe Moore in this month's Last Rep.