CBI November 2021
With his chain of PRIME TIME Fitness clubs, German entrepreneur, Henrik Gockel, has reengineered the premium model by placing an emphasis on service, personal training, and outcomes. In this interview, Gockel explains his overall management philosophy and his approach to strategic growth.
“You can live very well from just one club, and you can live very poorly from 10 clubs. So, for me, every club must be profitable.”
Henrik Gockel - Founder and Managing Director
PRIME TIME Fitness
What 2021 Taught Us: “Don’t let the wisdom of age be wasted on you.” It’s likely that the fictional fútbol coach Ted Lasso wasn’t the first to say this, but it rings true nonetheless. Lessons learned in the field of play (or work) are teachable moments. Every success and setback is an opportunity to grow. The future is uncertain. Threats will emerge out of nowhere. But we’ve been there, done that. We’ve weathered tough times and accumulated the wisdom of experience. Sure, it doesn’t get easier, but as Ted Lasso also said: “Taking on a challenge is a lot like riding a horse. If you’re comfortable while you’re doing it, you’re probably doing it wrong.”
- Henrik Gockel: Maximizing Profit Through Innovation: With his chain of PRIME TIME Fitness clubs, the German entrepreneur has reengineered the premium model by placing an emphasis on service, personal training, and outcomes. In this interview, Gockel explains his overall management philosophy and his approach to strategic growth.
- Welcome to the Inaugural SMART Summit: The Munich conference is a unique event that focuses on technology and innovation.
- The Omnichannel Experience (Finally!) Takes Hold: Using every means of effective communication is essential for sales and retention. Here’s a digital strategy to get the job done.
- Better, Faster, Stronger: See what’s new in performance equipment and how it can keep your members engaged.
News & Know How
- News: A new era in IHRSA advocacy begins and is already getting results. Also, a look at how clubs are increasing inclusion, and we remember Geoffrey Hampton.
- International News: IHRSA launches new website with ChinaFit.
- IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council: Mark Panigutti, MD, on how exercise can improve surgical outcomes.
- NHFA Spotlight: Liz Clark leads the first in-person meeting of the NHFA in Wasthington, D.C.
- Influencer: Don’t neglect winter maintenance, says Tom Zentefis, of Life Fitness.
- Research Roundup: Speak to the press with authority with the 2021 IHRSA Media Report (part 2).
- REX Roundtables: Advice on smart budgeting for 2022.
- IHRSA 2021: Scenes from the long-awaited IHRSA 2021 Convention & Trade Show in Dallas.
- Best Practices: Expert advice from Geoffrey Dyer on choosing the right location for your club.
- Advocacy: What we learned from the Gymshark music copyright case.
- Legacy: IHRSA board member Greta Wagner on leading the search for IHRSA’s new CEO.