CBI November 2020
Brent Darden, the interim president and CEO of IHRSA, is preparing the association for a "revival" during the industry's most challenging era.
“We need to develop new strategies that will offer members the greatest value possible. We’re currently evaluating virtually everything we do and how we do it.”
Brent Darden, Interim President & CEO
- Texas Talent Takes the Reins: The coronavirus pandemic has affected every aspect of the fitness industry, including clubs, suppliers, and trade groups. Among them: IHRSA. Brent Darden, with his varied and success studded résumé, has been chosen to blaze a new path as interim president and CEO. “We’re moving at lightning speed to evaluate, evolve, and reimagine the association,” he reports.
- Back to the Future: Over the years, the fitness industry has faced many daunting challenges, learning lessons it’s now applying to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Great Adaptations: Like traditional health clubs, studios, boutiques, and industry aggregators have had to reinvent their businesses to deal with COVID-19.
- Functional, Again, Fitness: As members return to clubs and seek to revive their regular exercise routines, a focus on balance and movement is helping them to succeed.
News & Know How
- News: IHRSA 2021 in Los Angeles; a virtual European Congress; $30 billion in economic aid; fast-growth fitness; mergers and acquisitions; Town Sports Intl. goes Chapter 11; IHRSA on the pandemic front line; Apple Fitness+; and more.
- Latin American News: Zumba and IHRSA state free virtual classes; Bodytech raises $10,000 for off-duty coaches; and a new alliance comes to aid of Bolivian clubs.
- United, We'll Prevail: The industry’s revival depends on us, says Carrie Kepple, the interim chair of IHRSA Board of Directors, in this month's first set.
- Best Practices: Alexandra Black Larcom, MPH, explains how clubs should respond when members test positive.
- Read This Before Reading That Study: In this month's Grow, Promote, Protect, learn about strategies you can utilize to assess the quality and strength of industry research studies.
- Member News: What’s up at TRX, POUND, Myzone, Wattbike, Life Fitness, GoFitJobs, Kennedy Industries, Club Automation, JLR Associates, and more.
- Innovation & Inspiration On-Demand: The Innovation Summit was a hit, attests Jay Ablondi, IHRSA’s executive vice president of global products, in this month's last rep.