CBI March 2021
Member-experience expert Blair McHaney on finding success with data-driven strategies.
“We have to get our messaging right from a very high level. … But you can’t talk your way out of a crisis; you have to behave your way out of it. … When people come into our clubs looking for help, we have to be really good at providing that help.”
Blair McHaney, Founder & Owner
- Fortis fortuna adiuvat: "Fortune favors the bold" is a phrase that says it all, Editor-in-Chief Jim Schmaltz writes.
- Centering the Member Experience: Blair McHaney, CEO and founder of MXM (Member Experience Metrics), and a club owner, used his company’s surveys and research capabilities to help the industry survive the events of the past year. In this exclusive interview, he looks toward the future and tells us what the data says about the hopeful signs ahead.
- Leveraging the Power of Digital Programming: As virtual gains a stronger foothold in club programming, we talked to experts on how best to profit from this growing service proposition.
- Back in the Saddle: Even as cycling classes diminished during the pandemic, the demand for exercise bikes increased. Here’s what that means for clubs.
- Behind the Scenes: With trade shows still on the sidelines, we gave some key industry suppliers a chance to tell us about their new product innovations. Check out all five videos.
News & Know How
- News: Learn about IHRSA’s latest initiatives, including two exciting new advisory councils with industry suppliers and medical professionals. Also, Rick Caro shares his vision of the “new normal.”
- Call to Action: Ten years of fitness consumer trends.
- Influencer: David L. Good, application engineer, acoustic division, Regupol America, on why flooring is essential to the member experience.
- Research Roundup: Highlights from the latest COVID Era Fitness Consumer series, which focuses on stress reduction and exercise.
- Supplier News: The latest news from top suppliers.
- Formula for Success: Club Automation and why your CMS is key to the coming industry resurgence. Life Fitness and the value of creating a connected cardio experience.
- Leadership: Interim Chair Carrie Kepple explains how a unified industry can harness its power for growth in a fast-changing world.
- Best Practices: Chris Craytor on how health clubs can gain from adopting preventative programs.
- Advocacy: A deep dive into the new WHO exercise guidelines and what they mean for your club.
- Legacy: Robert Brewster, president of The Alaska Club, on what he’s learned after more than 30 years in the health club industry.