CBI June 2021
Sue Boreski, CEO of Reh-Fit Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, explains how today's clubs can integrate medical fitness into their services.
“The health and fitness fields used to be worlds apart, but now integration and cooperation are happening. IHRSA's [Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council] and the [NHFA] will move this forward substantially.”
Sue Boreski, CEO
- A Tailwind Is Coming: “Tailwind” is the term used by Emmett Williams, partner and CEO of Myzone (Asia-Pacific), during a recent town hall with IHRSA’s Industry Partner Advisory Council. The discussion featured Williams and other key suppliers who spoke of past challenges survived and new hope for the future. It’s easy to get excited about the coming surge. But the question is, how to maximize the opportunities?
- Putting the "Health" Into Health Clubs: The Reh-Fit Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, pioneered the concept of medical fitness in the late 1970s. Sue Boreski, CEO of Reh-Fit, was one of the driving forces in developing the programming that made the facility an integral part of the local healthcare system. In this interview, she explains how today’s clubs can integrate medical fitness into their services.
- BIG In Texas: The IHRSA Convention and Trade Show on October 13–15 will be a celebration like no other. Here’s your guide to the new host city, Dallas.
- Bringing Back Group X: We asked experts to provide recommendations on how to revive group training concepts after more than a year of social distancing.
- Are You Ready for the Surge?: Here’s what to look for in a club management system (CMS) that needs to handle a volatile marketplace to maximize profit and opportunity.
News & Know How
- News: Big news about the National Health & Fitness Alliance, the industry continues to fight for the GYMS Act, and IHRSA enters into a partnership with SCW Fitness Education.
- Influencer: Alan Hubbard, director of product management at Precor, shares his views on innovation in design.
- Research Roundup: Dr. Robert Sallis, a member of IHRSA’s Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council, heads new research on exercise as a potent weapon against COVID.
- REX Roundtables: Justin Tamsett, the REX Roundtables Chair for Fitness Business Owners in the U.S., Australia, and New Zealand, talks about reigniting your business post-COVID.
- IHRSA Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council: James J. Annesi, PhD, FAAHB, FTOS, FAPA, discusses what we've learned so far about enabling change in health behavior.
- Industry Partner News: The latest from the top suppliers in the business.
- Leadership: Interim Chair Carrie Kepple reflects on a historic year.
- Best Practices: Brent Gallagher, president of Avenu Fitness & Lifestyle, explains why personal trainers should use 30-minute workouts to engage members as clubs get back to business.
- Advocacy: The damage from shutdowns and restrictions are still with us, but IHRSA has ways to help you overcome the damage done.
- Legacy: Laurie Smith, senior vice president of operations at VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa, brings her 30 years of experience tobear in this interview.