CBI April 2021
Kathy Rawlings and her husband, Keith, built The Arena Club into an essential community center "where everybody knows your name."
“There’s a huge void that needs to be filled, and clubs can address that. What’s going to help us bring people back is that they miss their community.”
Kathy Rawlings, Co-owner
The Arena Club
- Industry Unity Must Persevere: Of all the lessons learned from the past year, the one that has made the biggest impact is the realization that we are all in this together. The industry is unified and it must stay that way.
- “Where Everybody Knows Your Name”: Under the leadership of Kathy Rawlings and her husband, Keith, The Arena Club in Bel Air, MD, has become a community hub that’s an essential destination for entire families. In this exclusive interview, Kathy tells us how she and her team managed to bring a small-club feel to this huge facility.
- Making the Most of Fitness Trackers: Here’s how to leverage wearables and other devices to increase engagement, boost retention, and create more programming opportunities.
- Can’t Touch This! It’s not just a safety measure to provide touchless technology, it’s a service imperative for today’s consumers who demand convenient options in digital platforms.
- Behind the Scenes, Part 2: With live events still on the sidelines, we gave some key industry suppliers a chance to tell us about their companies and new innovations. Check out all three videos.
News & Know How
- News: Learn how the new Physical Activity Alliance will connect healthcare to the fitness industry. Also, news about the IHRSA Foundation, the 2021 IHRSA Convention & Trade Show, and much more.
- International News: Reports from Spain and Ireland.
- State Alliances: Meet Jeff Sanders of the New York Fitness Alliance.
- Influencer: Scott Burgess, president of Jonas Fitness, explains how to switch your CMS.
- Research Roundup: The 2021 IHRSA Media Report provides you with powerful talking points and facts to make your case for the industry.
- REX Roundtables: Eddie Tock, CEO of REX Roundtables, shares some wisdom about making choices.
- Industry Partner News: The latest news from top suppliers.
- Formula for Success: Exerp explains how large operators optimize their technology budgets.
- Leadership: Interim Chair Carrie Kepple talks about the importance of versatility as we move toward a period of gradual reopenings.
- Best Practices: Sheldon McBee, MS, of Universal Fitness, explains how his club is approaching business in the post-pandemic market.
- Advocacy: IHRSA’s Medical, Science, and Health Advisory Council is here to make a difference for the industry. Here’s how you can get involved.
- Legacy: Carol Nalevanko, president of DMB Sports Club, shares her views on the state of the industry and where we go from here.