Bringing Back Your Health Club Members After Shut Downs [WEBINAR]
In this webinar, industry veteran Scott Gillespie will help you take a strategic look at how to bring back two groups of former members.
Sponsored by Club Automation + CSI Spectrum
Saco Sport & Fitness
The pandemic shut down the majority of the health club industry for three or more months. Policy makers and media told the country "gyms aren't safe." Stay-at-home orders have created new routines for many that will be hard to break. To say we have a challenge ahead is an understatement.
Yet, the greater the challenge, the greater the opportunity.
This webinar will take a strategic look at how to bring back two groups of former members:
- Those we were serving when the pandemic hit who have not yet returned
- The much larger group of former members who joined over the past 10 years and left for a variety of reasons. (The biggest of which being that we did not provide them what they really came for.)
We will explore facility safety measures, programming and product delivery options, and communication strategies to speak to these audiences. This webinar will explore the opportunity we have to evolve our businesses to serve even more people than before the pandemic.
- Understand the two major markets we could be serving and what services they value
- Look at options to make your club safer, gain credibility, and communicate those changes
- Explore new and evolving programming to profitably serve these populations on their terms
- Learn how to effectively promote these new services
“This pandemic is our industry’s greatest challenge. It also offers a great opportunity. We have the chance to build trust and evolve our product lines to serve a much larger audience.”
Scott Gillespie, President
Saco Sport & Fitness - Saco, ME
Scott Gillespie is a 35+ year fitness industry veteran and owner of Saco Sport & Fitness, a progressive multipurpose health club in Southern Maine. Gillespie has served on the NEHRSA and IHRSA Boards of Directors, is a member of the ILC, and currently serves on the Genavix Wellness Network Advisory Board and the Biddeford Saco Chamber of Commerce Board. He is a frequent presenter for IHRSA, NEHRSA, Club Industry, and REX Roundtables. He has been featured in and a contributor to Club Solutions, Club Business International, and Club Insider magazines. Gillespie consults with independent clubs on sales system development.