Why Clubs Have an Edge on Fitness Apps
The fitness sector has always had strong representation in the app market. According to Flurry Analytics, the fitness app market has grown more than 330% in the last three years, with 75% of users opening up their health and fitness app at least two times per week. The demand is there.
Consumers have more than 160,000 fitness apps to choose from, according to estimates. That may seem like insurmountable competition for attention, but club owners have an edge. Clubs can offer automatic check-in, scheduling, and other conveniences for members. But to really keep your members engaged in your app, you need to deliver content beyond basic club services.
Clubs would be wise to cover their bases by offering a digital ecosystem that allows for customization and integration of third-party apps. You don’t want to miss an opportunity.
Here’s what you should consider including in your app:
- On-demand biometric assessments;
- Interactive, individualized training experiences with club staff;
- Group training promotion and sign-up;
- Video instruction for exercise movements;
- Nutrition and lifestyle coaching;
- Abilities to link with “smart” equipment;
- Messaging capabilities for club announcements and promotions;
- Regular programming updates to keep up with mobile tech trends;
- Data protections able to withstand today’s security challenges.
That’s just a partial list of what a fully integrated, cloud-connected app can accomplish for your brand. The app you use for your club should also provide multiple options for wellness programs to enlarge your pool of prospects and range of services. And apps can reduce costs by automating member services that don’t require human interaction.
While a great mobile app delivers convenience and added value for members (enhancing retention and engagement), it can create tremendous revenue opportunities through upselling of personal and group training packages, automated referrals, instant purchases of products, and other services.
Those are a lot of features, but if your club’s mobile app doesn’t provide them, the competition will.
Choosing a Versatile Digital CRM App