As countries throughout Europe begin another round of closures and lockdowns it's more important than ever that we fight to keep health clubs open around the globe and promote the message that exercise is vital. In these trying times, studies are confirming what we already know—that exercise is not only good for physical health, but mental health as well—and there is no time more critical than now to take care of our mental health.
In this week’s Take 5, Brent discusses the findings of the Gympass study that confirms this correlation, touches on global studies that have been done by ClubIntel, provides updates on what IHRSA is doing to work to keep the industry going, how U.S. members can get involved in state alliances, and more.
Watch the full video above, read the full transcript below, or jump to a section by topic:
- 0:04 - IHRSA European Congress 2020 Postponed Amid COVID-19 Lockdowns
- 0:56 - The Future of Fitness, November 16-18
- 1:36 - Research from Sheffield Hallam University Shows Gyms are Not Spreading COVID
- 2:25 - India Fitness Industry Opens after Seven Months of Lockdown
- 2:47 - Colorado Fitness Alliance Prevents Gym Closures
- 3:59 - REX Roundtable Insider Information
- 4:35 - ClubIntel Study Reports on Virtual Classes
- 5:30 - Gympass Study Confirms Link Between Exercise and Mental Health
- 6:30 - Life Time to Lose Millions Due to COVID-19
- 6:54 - IHRSA Continues Work to Show Clubs are Safe