Frequently Asked Questions
What is the objective of IHRSA education?
To provide attendees with the following:
- Content that is forward-thinking, relevant, and actionable
- Emerging trends, concepts, solutions, and best practices that may be immediately implemented
- Knowledge to develop growth initiatives and become a catalyst for innovation
Who is eligible to present an education session?
Our members and event attendees are looking to hear from health club operators. Therefore, speakers should be operators from IHRSA member clubs. IHRSA will, however, consider proven experts operating from outside the club industry on a case-by-case basis.
I’m employed by an industry supplier...can I submit a speaker application?
IHRSA will not accept proposal submissions made by industry suppliers, however, we encourage you to consider sponsoring a Supplier Seminar, which offers a unique, tailored opportunity for industry suppliers to share information with event attendees. If you are interested in sponsoring a Supplier Seminar please email Lynne Devaney, Vice President of Sponsorship & Business Development.
What will I need to submit a speaker application?
- Contact details including speaker name, job title, club/company affiliation, mailing address, email address, and telephone number
- Brief bio in paragraph format
- Session title
- Five learning objectives that will explain what you are looking to deliver to attendees
- Past speaking experience
How many people may speak during a session?
Education sessions are limited to the maximum of two co-presenters. Panel discussions can accommodate up to three panelists plus a moderator.
What does IHRSA provide to each approved speaker?
Each approved speaker is provided with a complimentary event registration.