BOSTON - November 30, 2017 - IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, is thrilled to unveil the new IHRSA.org—a revamped website designed to help health and fitness industry professionals supercharge business growth.
“In the internet age we live in, the problem most of us face is that there is too much, way too much, information being thrust upon us,” says IHRSA President and CEO Joe Moore. “With the launch of the new IHRSA.org, we hope to alleviate information overload for gym owners—specifically, IHRSA members.”
Fueled by an intensive 18-month audit of the types of content that IHRSA members search for and read the most, the new IHRSA.org is mobile-friendly, features a bold design, and is jam-packed with useful information and tools.
Here are just a few highlights:
- Designed with members in mind. The goal of the site is to help IHRSA members and other fitness professionals lockdown operations, supercharge business growth, and help shape the fitness industry.
- Packed with research and resources. There are more resources for health clubs that are easier to find. Member-exclusive content will be front and center, so users will know what they’re missing if they aren’t logged in.
- All about content. The site revolves around 12 key topics that are vital to a health club’s success: Member Retention, Facilities, Sales & Marketing, Staffing, Personal Training, Legal, Strategy & Finance, Leadership, Technology, Equipment, Fitness Programming, and Wellness & Community Programming.
- Actionable advocacy. A new "Industry Leadership" section is filled with information about state, federal, and international advocacy efforts, complete with interactive maps.
- Streamlined event and industry news. Easily learn the latest about IHRSA events and other pertinent information on the “Industry News” feed.
- Responsive, mobile-friendly, and easily searched. IHRSA.org now looks just as good on your phone as it does on your computer. And a new search function will help you find exactly what you’re looking for, fast.
“Since 1981, IHRSA has been a credible information source about the health and fitness industry worldwide. The new IHRSA.org takes that mission a step further, putting more information in the hands of club owners, operators, and fitness professionals than ever before,” says Jay Ablondi, IHRSA’s executive vice president of global products. “For the first time all of IHRSA’s resources—articles, e-books, webinars, research reports, Club Business International magazine, and more—are truly at your fingertips.”
In the weeks and months ahead, IHRSA will continue to improve the site based on insights from user data and other analytics.
“The new IHRSA.org will practically be a living, breathing thing,” says Tom Durkin, IHRSA’s vice president of digital publishing. “We will constantly refresh content, improve connectivity, and adapt to user needs. Our goal is to create the best digital experience possible.”
The new ihrsa.org was developed with Steady Vision, a Boston-based web design company.
The International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) is the trade association representing health and fitness facilities, gyms, spas, racquet and sports clubs, and suppliers worldwide. Its mission is to grow, promote and protect the health and fitness industry. As one of the world's leading authorities on the commercial health club industry, IHRSA regularly conducts industry and consumer research, along with club operator studies.
Contact IHRSA public relations with media inquiries.