BOSTON, MA—April 7, 2021—For the first time, IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, held its annual meeting virtually to elect new members to its Board of Directors and provide updates to the membership.
During the meeting, the membership elected four industry professionals to serve on the IHRSA Board of Directors. Four-year terms will begin on July 1, 2021, for the newest Board Members:
- Luke Carlson, CEO of Discover Strength in Minneapolis, MN,
- Aaron Moore, director of operations at VIDA Fitness & Aura Spa in Washington, D.C.,
- Jose Teixeira, head of customer experience for SC Fitness in Lisbon, Portugal, and
- Loni Wang, CEO of Catic Wellness Group, Ltd. in Shenzhen, China.
IHRSA Board Chair Carrie Kepple, conducted a State of the Industry Address at the meeting. IHRSA Interim President and CEO Brent Darden presented the State of IHRSA and updated the membership on new and ongoing initiatives.
Prior to the annual meeting, the IHRSA Board of Directors elected new leadership for the 2021-2022 fiscal year. As of July 1, 2021:
- Alan Leach, CEO of the West Wood Club in Dublin, Ireland, will serve as Board Chair,
- Chris Craytor, president and COO for acac Fitness & Wellness Centers in Charlottesville, VA, will serve as Vice Chair of the Board,
- Brad Wilkins, president of Cooper Health and Fitness in Dallas, TX, will serve as Treasurer,
- Michele Melkerson-Granryd, general manager of Castle Hill Fitness 360 in Austin, TX, will serve as Secretary, and
- Carrie Kepple, owner and managing director of Styles Studios Fitness in Peoria, IL, will serve as the Ex-officio.
Three Board Members will complete their terms on June 30, 2021. IHRSA thanks Steve Capezzone, CEO of Healthtrax International, Ex-officio Jim Worthington, owner, president, and CEO of Newtown Athletic Club, and Anastasia Yusina, CEO of Strata Fitness Holdings and FITSPACE studios, for their years of service and dedication to the fitness industry. To ensure a smooth transition, they will each serve as advisors to the Board for the remainder of 2021.
IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, is a not-for-profit trade association representing the global fitness industry of over 200,000 health and fitness facilities and their suppliers.
IHRSA maintains a leadership role in advancing physical activity, which is critical to peak health and fight the battle against obesity and chronic lifestyle disease. As one of the world's leading authorities on the commercial health club industry, IHRSA’s mission is to grow, promote, and protect the health and fitness industry. IHRSA provides its members with benefits and resources that will help them be more successful. IHRSA and its members are devoted to making the world happier, healthier, and more prosperous through regular exercise and activity promotion. IHRSA is the publisher of Club Business International, the leading monthly magazine for the global fitness industry.