DALLAS, TX—February 26, 2019—According to data from Gold's Gym, the world's trusted fitness authority, March is the beginning of the end for most New Year's fitness resolutions. About nine weeks into their fitness journey, check-in data shows new members work out 50 percent less.
This so-called "fitness cliff" is why Gold's Gym is launching its Dedication Week National Event nine weeks into the New Year, March 4-10, to help people stay motivated and on track with their fitness goals. During Dedication Week, Gold's Gym is offering free classes, workouts and 30-Day Fitness Plans with certified personal trainers at all participating U.S. locations.
"We know that March is a pivotal time of year for those who are losing momentum on their fitness goals, and we are 100 percent dedicated to keeping them on track," said Gold's Gym CMO Dave Reiseman. "Through Dedication Week, we are reaching out to those whose fitness motivation is waning and giving them a boost with free access to our state-of-the-art facilities, diverse group exercise classes and expert trainers."
Gold's Gym Fitness Expert Katie Merrick offers five tips for those who want to dedicate (or re-dedicate) to their fitness goals:
- Have a Plan: When you lack direction, you don't progress. A plan will help you set concrete goals to work toward and a path to reach them.
- Nourish Your Body: Have an eating plan with the right kinds of food, and do meal prep in advance to stay on track.
- Find a Workout Buddy: Have a person or community to help keep you accountable. Studies have shown that 95 percent of people who start a fitness program with friends stick with it.
- Create a Routine: The more consistent your days and weeks can be, the easier it will be to make a lifestyle change.
- Mindset Is Everything: Know in your mind that you are worth the effort to improve and maintain your health. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says those who work out seven hours per week are 60 percent more likely to live a longer life.
For more information on Gold's Gym Dedication Week, visit the website.
About Gold's Gym
Gold's Gym has been the world's trusted fitness authority since 1965. From its beginning as a small gym in Venice, CA, Gold's Gym has grown into a global icon with more than 700 locations serving 3 million people across six continents each day. Featuring personalized transformation plans, state-of-the-art equipment, certified personal trainers, a diverse group exercise program and a supportive, motivating environment, Gold's Gym delivers the most dynamic fitness experience in the industry. The Gold's Gym experience recently expanded to include BOOTCAMP group training as well as GOLD'S STUDIO—which gives members access to boutique-style classes like GOLD'S FIT, GOLD'S BURN and GOLD'S CYCLE, all under the same roof—along with GOLD'S AMP, the first digital personal training app from a brick-and-mortar gym. More than a gym, Gold's Gym combines coaching, community and more than 50 years of fitness expertise to help people around the world achieve their potential through fitness. For more information, visit the website or follow Gold's Gym on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.