GREENVILLE, SC—January 21, 2021—In what was an extraordinarily challenging year for the fitness industry as a whole in weathering the effects of a global pandemic, 9Round Franchising, LLC did anything but throw in the towel. The global kickboxing franchise came out of 2020 a stronger organization with a new partnership with the world’s largest retailer, Walmart; the launch of an official app that provides on-demand, trainer-led kickboxing style workouts; growth of the international network to two more countries; and a bolstered executive team at headquarters.
“The challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic certainly had us feeling at times like we keep getting knocked down, but we never stopped fighting and are now starting 2021 with the largest retail deal in company history and enhancing our business model to meet the changing needs of our members,” said Shannon Hudson, Founder and CEO of 9Round. “Our headquarters staff and franchise network continue to persevere, more committed than ever to 9Round’s mission of ‘making members stronger in 30 minutes, physically and mentally.’”
Highlights for the year include:
- Finalized deals for future development in both Indonesia and Vietnam;
- The launch of 9RoundNOW, an official app that provides on-demand trainer-led workouts via video instruction by 9Round’s team of professional trainers;
- A partnership with the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, to offer a collection of 9Round branded gloves, mitts, wraps and a reflex bag;
- Patrick Autry hired as General Counsel and Timothy Walker as CFO, both franchising veterans;
- The addition of Janice Branam as VP of Operations brought on to advance the support programs and tools for the growing franchise network;
- Inclusion in top industry rankings, such as Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 and Top Franchises for Veterans list, and Franchise Times’ 200+ list
- National media coverage for the brand in Cheddar, Club Industry, Forbes, Well + Good, Parade, POPSUGAR, and more.
For more information about 9Round, please visit www.9round.com. To learn more about franchise opportunities, please visit www.9round.com/fitness-franchises.
Founded in 2008 by professional kickboxer Shannon Hudson and his wife, Heather, 9Round is the world’s largest kicking boxing franchise both in gyms and online that brings kickboxing fitness training to the average person in a 30-minute, trainer-guided, full-body circuit format. The program is developed around a proprietary and copyrighted system of nine challenging workout stations created by Shannon himself. Since the workouts occur on a continuous circuit throughout the day, there are no scheduled class times. Members utilize 9ROUND PULSE, the brand’s wearable heart rate technology, to track effort, heart rate, calories burned and workout time during each 9Round session. In 2020, the brand launched 9RoundNOW, an official app that provides on-demand trainer-led workouts via video instruction by 9Round’s team of professional trainers. Today, there are over 700 9Round locations open and operating throughout 41 states and in 18 countries including Canada, Costa Rica, Australia, Argentina, Guatemala, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Ecuador, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. For more information, please visit www.9round.com.
For more information, contact:
Emily Busskohl, BizCom Associates
(310) 415-9967 | Emily@BizComPR.com