An incredibly cost-effective way to learn and remain competitive every month
. . . it's education when you need it, whenever you need it!
Webinar Format & Fees | Coming Soon | Recent Webinars | Testimonials
Webinars Sponsored by
Simple Truths of Service
Thursday, December 12 | 2:00pm-3:30pm (EST)
Frank Ancharski, Vice President - Business Development, Club One, Inc.
- Obtain a better understanding on service facts.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of having a culture based on service.
- Explore practical approaches to delivering a service culture.
- Understand why you must be accountable to service promises.
- Learn from service nightmares and dreams.
Frank Ancharski is currently the Vice President - Business Development at Club One, Inc. He is a 30 year industry veteran certified as an ETT and H/F Director for ACSM; and he is an examiner for MFA’s Facility Certification and Education Committee. Ancharski is a board member of the North Carolina chapter for American College of Health Care Executives. In addition, he is a former President at MACMA. He obtained his B.S. in Kinesiology: from Penn State and his M.S. in H/F Management from American University in Washington, D.C.
Practical Tools for Leading and Managing Your Personal Training Team
Thursday, January 9 | 2:00pm-3:00pm (EST)
Luke Carlson, Founder & CEO, Discover Strength
- Discover how to create alignment and focus by articulating Purpose, Values, Culture - Tools for discovering the vision component of your business/department.
- Gain insight on how to interview and hire for core values and culture.
- Obtain four practical tools for building a cohesive personal training team.
- Learn how to develop a 6-month plan for on-boarding personal trainers.
- Learn how to simplify your marketing strategy and implement practical marketing campaigns that are aligned with your brand, core values, culture and strategic anchors and will generate sales, drive personal training revenue, and improve client retention.
Luke Carlson is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Discover Strength’s three personal training facilities are among the highest volume / revenue training facilities in the country. Carlson is an ACSM Health and Fitness Specialist and has a BS in Kinesiology and a MS in Exercise Physiology from the University of Minnesota.
IHRSA 2014 Speaker Preview!
FREE Webinar for IHRSA Members
Thursday, January 16 | 2:00pm-3:30pm (EST)
Get a taste of IHRSA 2014! This special 90-minute webinar will consist of three consecutive, 25-minute presentations by guest speakers featured on the March Convention schedule in San Diego.
Look Outside the Box (CLUB) for New Program & Dues Revenue
Roger Sargent, General Manager, Cooper Fitness Center at Craig Ranch
- Discover how to tap into your community with fun-filled fitness events and races.
- Learn how to determine what event is best for your facility.
- Learn how to determine if your staff is right for the program(s).
- Gain insight on how to obtain sponsors and business alliances.
- Obtain examples of 12 various different programs, events and races.
Roger Sargent is a 30 year veteran in the health, fitness and tennis industry. Over the past 20 years, he has been a General Manager and club owner. Currently, he is managing the new Cooper Fitness Center at Craig Ranch while having ownership in two fitness facilities in Washington state.
HIPAA-tize Your Club: Protecting Your Members’ Right to Privacy
Linda Howard, President, CEO, Alturnative Fitness, LLC
- Understand why opportunities under the Affordable Care Act may require clubs to comply with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
- Gain a better understanding of HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Federal requirements and penalties.
- Understand state privacy rights associated with member data.
- Review best practices to protect member paper files.
- Learn best practices to protect electronic records and electronic transmissions containing member information.
Linda Howard, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Alturnative, has nearly 30 years of combined experience in wellness, fitness, healthcare compliance, managed care operations, law, and general business development. Howard obtained her law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1986. She also holds two certifications in wellness coaching and a number of certificates of completions in the health, wellness and fitness industry.
Driving Membership Sales & Retention by Embracing Mobile Technology & Trends
Bryan O’Rourke, CEO, Integerus, LLC & Fitmarc
- Gain an understand the global impact of mobility on the health club industry.
- Learn how the rise of social shopping is impacting consumer purchasing decisions.
- Learn about emerging mobile payment solutions.
- Explore the options offered in mobile scheduling for clubs.
- Review mobile websites and platforms available to make your club more discoverable on the mobile web.
- Learn how mobile solutions offer connectivity and engagement potential for members.
Bryan O'Rourke is the CEO of the Fitness Industry Technology Council and serves as CEO of Integerus and CSO of Fitmarc. O’Rouke's organizations serve hundreds of health clubs and thousands of fitness professionals. He consults with the leading fitness and health clubs brands around the world and has spoken on four continents. He was recently named to ACE's industry advisory council, was a former club owner and contributes to the GGFA's think tank.
Think you missed a webinar on a specific topic or an issue you are facing today? Then take a moment to view and purchase recent offerings by visiting the IHRSA Store.
- Delivered using the latest technology for a trouble-free experience;
- Combine interactive on-screen graphics, leader presentation plus on-line question and answer;
- Have a computer and high speed internet connection? You're ready for IHRSA webinars!
- Access to the webinar recording for sixty days at no additional charge.
IHRSA webinars are value-priced at $39 each ($79 non-IHRSA member price).
Each webinar purchased will provide you with access to the live presentation of your choice for as many of your staff as you choose, plus all downloadable materials, and unlimited access to the archived webinar for sixty days. The fee includes one webinar connection and one set of handouts for unlimited attendees at one location.
Upon receipt of your registration, instructions for connecting to these valuable webinars will be sent to you.
The December webinar material will be used in every initial training session for our new staff and personal trainers. It sets a tone of caring about our customers and a methodology of instituting great practices to keep us close and custom fit to each individual member's needs.
- Stephen G Rising, CEO, Anytime Fitness - Cleveland West Park and Cleveland Clifton Centre
The December webinar presented practical information that can be easily implemented.
- Emily Skelton, Assistant General Manager, All-Access Fitness Academy
I love your webinars, what a great way to get helpful, professional content in the comfort of your own office!
- Laura Klein, Wellness Director, The Thoreau Club
The webinar was so helpful and valuable. Lots of great information that I feel will make our fitness department more profitable!
- Stephanie Howell, Program Director, Cross Gates Family Fitness
After listening to the IHRSA webinar, I now have an action plan I can put into play at my clubs today! It contained very practical information.
- Kristie Stevens, Owner, Anytime Fitness - Tupelo
The "Raving Fans" webinar was awesome. I was so excited about the content provided that I could barely wait until the end to get started on all the great ideas.
- Scott Christensen, Owner, Anytime Fitness - Suffolk, VA
The webinar with Trina Gray was truly inspiring and motivating. Just when you think you have tried it all it's nice to have a fresh perspective and great marketing ideas.
- Connie Cook, Fitness Director, Fit Athletic Club, Inc. - San Diego
Every club owner, manager and anyone aspiring to grow in the fitness industry must take advantage of all the IHRSA related programs, webinars and tools. Their experience and dedication is the backbone to our ever increasingly important industry.
- Lauren Eller, Fitness Formula
Informative, motivating and easy to attend!
- Dahdri McCormick, Parkpoint Health Club
We're always looking for ways of staying ahead of the competition and new ways of enhancing our members' experience. The Webinars have been a valuable resource.
- James Arrington, Anytime Fitness – Conyers, GA
Excellent seminar! Was a great use of my time. The speaker gave very specific ideas on how to better market our club, how to improve customer service, and the importance of branding our club in the community.
- Stacey Mullet, Super Fitness