An incredibly cost-effective way to learn and remain competitive every month. It's education when you need it, whenever you need it!
Sales Excellence: Tips, Tactics & Strategies to Long-Term Success
Thursday, May 7 | 2:00pm-3:00pm (EDT)
Mark Miller, Vice President, Merritt Athletic Clubs
- Explore new ways to manage and structure yourself and your sales team for success.
- Obtain creative strategies to drive quality prospects to your club throughout the entire year.
- Review key components of the sales process that must be in place to ensure long-term results and success.
- Uncover the gaps in systems and structures and learn how you can improve them to advance your business to the next level.
- Discover why the simple act of WHAT and HOW you sell a membership can have a huge impact on retention.
Mark Miller is currently the Vice President at Merritt Athletic Clubs and has 15 plus years of experience at the Senior Management level. Miller joined the Merritt Team in 2000 as Regional Fitness Director responsible for all fitness and programming operations. In his capacity as Vice President he is responsible for all the day to day operations and culture development within all of the clubs.
NOTE: Mark Miller will be presenting a session entitled "Strategic Planning for Club Operations Professionals" at The IHRSA Institute, August 4-7, 2015.
FREE Webinar for IHRSA Members!
Proven & Profitable Fitness Marketing Strategies
Thursday, May 21 | 2:00pm-3:00pm (EDT)
Alan Leach, Regional Manager, West Wood Clubs, IRELAND
- Discover the secrets of highly-profitable fitness club marketing.
- Gain insight into the fastest, easiest and most profitable ways to flood your club with sales leads.
- Explore the importance of branding and discover what defines a great club brand.
- Learn how to maximize your profits by aligning strategic and tactical marketing plans and goals.
- Review effective web marketing strategies.
- Obtain successful club marketing benchmarks on cost of sales and leads, sales closing ratios and ideal marketing budgets.
Alan Leach is the Regional Manager of West Wood Clubs. He has 30 years of experience in club sales, marketing and management. At West Wood, which has 20,000 plus members at 3 locations, Leach used his proven sales and marketing strategies to increase sales by 62%, dues revenue by 42% and overall membership numbers by 31% within 2 years. Recently, Ireland’s devastating economic recession, which resulted in a 250% increase in unemployment, and the onslaught of budget clubs has seen the major chains in Ireland go out of business. However, Leach, charging prices ten times higher that his closest competitor achieved record sales again in 2014.
NOTE: Alan Leach will be presenting a session entitled "Marketing Strategies" at The IHRSA Institute, August 4-7, 2015.
The Tools that Drive Personal Training Performance: From Theory to Execution
Thursday, June 11 | 2:00pm-3:00pm (EDT)
Luke Carlson, MS, ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist, ACSM Cancer Exercise Trainer, Discover Strength
- Learn and implement the specific hiring process that allows you to "get the right people on the bus" and to continue to make excellent personnel decisions.
- Learn and implement the tool that brings absolute clarity around key roles and responsibilities.
- Learn and implement the tool that positions all team members as key players in driving department and organizational annual goals.
- Learn and implement the simple but proven approach to the personal training sales process.
- Learn and implement the specific process that replaces the traditional performance review and drives cultural fit and achievement of goals.
Luke Carlson is the founder and CEO of Discover Strength based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Discover Strength’s three personal training facilities are among the highest volume / revenue training facilities in the country. Carlson is an ACSM Health and Fitness Specialist and has a BS in Kinesiology and a MS in Exercise Physiology from the University of Minnesota.
Build Your Member Experience & Retention Will Follow
Thursday, July 16 | 2:00pm-3:00pm (EDT)
Melissa Christie, Director of Member Experience and Integration, Newtown Athletic Club
- Learn how to structure an Integration Team.
- Create a systemized approach for onboarding new and existing members.
- Learn how to partner with key departments to assist in retention.
- Introduce member perks to help establish a consistent habit.
- Learn how to create measurable retention outcomes.
Melissa Christie is the Director of Member Experience and Integration at the Newtown Athletic Club in Newtown, Pennsylvania. After many years in the corporate world with General Electric in the area of process streamlining, she identified the need for a systematized approach to membership retention.