IHRSA Newsroom - Media Resources
As the recognized leader in research for and about the health and fitness club industry, IHRSA tracks and reports on industry performance and consumer behavior trends.
Consumer Trends and Industry Data
Confirmed media are invited to email email@example.com to obtain a report on health club consumer trends and current industry data.
Press Passes for IHRSA 2017
Confirmed media are invited to register for a complimentary pass to cover the IHRSA 2017 Convention & Trade Show, taking place March 8-11 in Los Angeles, California by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on The PHIT Act
Physical inactivity is the cause of 1 in 10 deaths worldwide. Our country is in the midst of an inactivity and obesity crisis which is costing billions of dollars, unnecessary healthcare expenditures and lives. Therefore, it is important to support efforts to stay healthy by being physically active and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Health clubs help get more people active by providing a safe, supportive environment to engage the sedentary and encourage others to join together to pursue common goals and achieve a better quality of life.
If passed, PHIT (The Personal Health Investment Today Act) would allow Americans to use pre-tax dollars to pay for health club memberships, fitness equipment, exercise videos and youth sports leagues.
- Why America Should Get PHIT!
- Background Information on PHIT
- PHIT Facts - Why Passing PHIT Makes Sense
- Infographic on PHIT
- The Case for Exercise
- Bio on Helen Durkin, IHRSA's Executive Director of Public Policy
Executive Staff Photos
- Joe Moore, President and CEO
- Anita Horne Lawlor, Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Helen Durkin, J.D., Executive Vice President of Public Policy
- Jay M. Ablondi, Executive Vice President of Global Products