The International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association is the fitness industry's only global trade association representing over 10,000 for profit health and fitness facilities and over 600 supplier companies in 75 countries.

 

 



From educational tools and events to promotional programs and public policy initiatives, IHRSA brings you success... by association!

Join | Renew
Pledge Your Support

 

Entries in Personal Training (20)

Tuesday
Jul312012

River Valley Club has lofty goals

Talk about lofty expectations: River Valley Club hopes to see up to 65 percent of their members working with a personal trainer in five years.

That may seem like a goal that is out of reach, since the industry average is in the 5-10% range. But the Lebanon, N.H., club already sees its numbers hovering around 35% - which translated into $2 million in revenue last year for a club with 2,200 members - so the reputation for a strong trainer-member relationship is already there.

Click to read more ...

Thursday
Jun212012

New IHRSA report looks at U.S. health club employment

With childhood obesity, sedentary behavior and wellness programs in the workplace on the minds of all Americans, IHRSA will release a new report, The Future is Bright: U.S. Health Club Employment Outlook next week.

The report features particular focus on personal trainers and group exercise instructors. The findings show that several indicators and sources predict growth for these two areas. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) forecasts more than a 20% increase through 2020.  

Click to read more ...

Wednesday
May092012

Personal trainers bring added revenue to your club

It’s all well and good to see your membership numbers increase month over month or year over year. That is what has always been driven into owners’ and managers’ heads as a sign of success. 

But just important to your bottom line are the non-dues revenues that can stabilize your gym when memberships are flat-lining, or, worse, dropping. 

According to the 2009 Profiles of Success, compiled by IHRSA, an average of 67.9% of total club revenue came from dues. Of the remaining 32.1%, 9.5% was generated from personal trainers. (124 IHRSA members representing 1,315 clubs responded to the survey) 

Click to read more ...

Friday
Jul082011

This Week in Fitness: Trainers with Top Notch Talent Get Rewarded in New Model

One gym owner aims to create a business that rewards talented, hard-working personal trainers. Read about this and more in This Week in Fitness.

Click to read more ...

Friday
Jul232010

This Week in the Fitness Industry: Is Swimming Best for Longevity?

Is swimming the best workout for longevity? Read about this and more in This Week in the Fitness Industry.

Click to read more ...

Page 1 ... 1 2 3 4