14th Annual IHRSA European Congress
The European Congress features presentations delivered by executives from inside and outside the health club industry, providing thought-provoking commentary on trends shaping business and the fitness industry. Networking events, focus group discussions, and evening and lunch receptions provide the opportunity to build relationships with colleagues from throughout Europe. Join us this October in Amsterdam!
Entrepreneurship & Creating a Winning Sales Culture
Doing Unconventional Business
Annemarie van Gaal
Author, Entrepreneur & Investor, van Gaal & Company,
Amsterdam and the Beurs van Berlage
The Beurs van Berlage, where the Congress will be held, is located in the centre of Amsterdam. The Beurs is a beautiful 17th century building recognized as the first stock exchange building in the world.
One of the greatest small cities in the world, Amsterdam has all of the advantages of a big city: international restaurants, nightlife, professional sports teams, museums, and famous canals and harbors. Rent a bike or just walk to experience the beauty of Amsterdam. The Anne Frank House, the reopened Rijksmuseum (Rembrandt), van Gogh Museum, and the Hermitage (Dutch brand of the famous Hermitage St Petersburg) are among the city’s great attractions.
- Seminars targeting opportunities to help you sustain and grow a profitable fitness business.
- The opportunity to meet one-on-one with leading suppliers to the fitness industry in the Sponsor Showcase.
- Networking with some of the foremost club operators from across Europe.
- A tour of some of the leading health clubs in the city.
- Education presentations on Friday and Saturday simultaneously translated in multiple languages.
The IHRSA European Congress in Madrid was great! The presentations were incredibly valuable at the strategic, tactical, and operational level. The event was also well organized -- the accommodations, the location in the centre of Madrid, not far from the airport, etc. Given this experience, I intend to visit the Congress again next year. Thank You IHRSA.
- Petro Hameleers, Owner, Anytime Fitness Benelux, The Netherlands
The Congress itself, the networking opportunities, and the club tours were invaluable, and will, without a doubt, have a significant impact on shaping the future of Fitness First U.K. As we're currently in a turnaround situation, this is particularly appreciated. The IHRSA team, once more, exceeded expectations and did an outstanding job.
- Martin Seibold, Managing Director, Fitness First, Ltd., England
Every year, the IHRSA European Congress is a source of inspiration to set the strategies to achieve our vision. From the speakers, to all the people that attend the event, IHRSA is definitely meeting its promise of "Success by Association".
- Anthony Barquisseau, CEO, My Sporteezy / Domyos Club, France
This year, I couldn't find a single critical thing to say about the IHRSA European Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The speakers were absolutely super. I've attended the Congress for the past five years, and this year's was the best one ever.
- Franck Gueguen, President & General Director, Club Med Gym, France