IHRSA Advocacy seeks to:
- Grow the number of people exercising in clubs through proactive legislation and policy at the state, federal and international levels through lobbying, education and working with like minded organizations.
- Promote the benefits of physical activity and health club membership through health promotion, commentary, and the IHRSA Foundation.
- Protect club operations from harmful legislation and short-sighted taxes.
IHRSA provides legal and legislative information on issues such as ADA, AEDs, bonding, employment law, injury liability, single gender clubs, locker-room privacy and more. Learn more at ihrsa.org/industry-issues.
To protect your club from these issues, IHRSA tracks each and every bill introduced in all 50 states, gathering information from and strategizing with our state and DC lobbyists, and by working with IHRSA and Industry Leadership Council (ILC) members.
How to be Involved in Advocacy
- Visit the Advocacy Action Center to be an informed industry advocate.
- Read the Advocacy and Public Policy Blog Posts.
- Attend the Industry Leadership Council Meeting during IHRSA 2016. Contact Meredith Poppler for details or visit ihrsa.org/industry-leadership to see the full ILC agenda for IHRSA 2016.
- Join the Industry Leadership Council, club owners from all types of club businesses as well as industry suppliers that understand the importance of investing time and resources to Grow, Promote and Protect the industry.
- Help support IHRSA's efforts to Grow, Promote and Protect the industry by contributing at ihrsa.org/pledge, by downloading a pledge form, or by contacting Meredith Poppler.
- Contact the IHRSA Advocacy Staff.